Monday, January 7, 2008

"Mommy, What's Planned Parenthood?"

Those were the words that made protesting Planned Parenthood all the worthwhile outside a Hillary Clinton event yesterday in freezing weather, and those words contain the main objective of my post on why I am protesting Planned Parenthood.

Ever since I can remember, I have been pro-life. I was raised in a good Catholic family outside of Boston. My parents made sure that I knew what abortion was, and I grew up absolutely despising it and always talking to my friends about the truths of abortion all through school. It wasn't always easily, especially going to public school in a liberal state like Massachusetts.

While protesting Hillary outside, the vast majority of people attending her event refused to take our fliers as soon as they saw my sign, which said, "Planned Parenthood Hurts Women."

But what was so great about the fact that they would not take our fliers was because of the number of young children walking into the event with their parents. As soon as they saw that their parents refused to take the flyer (or some who made nasty comments), we could hear as the children would immediately start to question their parents on what what was wrong or what Planned Parenthood was.

As their voices drifted off as they entered the event, we could only hope for the best. That their child would soon learn about abortion, and start questioning what abortion was. We all know that if you explain what abortion is to a child, they will immediately reject the whole notion of it. The world, after all, is a much better place in the eyes of your common child in America.

But, I also want to emphasize something to pro-lifers: Start teaching your children about abortion and the evils of Planned Parenthood now. They are never too young to learn. The younger they are, the less swayed they will be by common culture and they will see what abortion is the way it is: the killing of an innocent child. Start teaching them pro-woman rhetoric to go along with abortion, such as the exact message on our sign: Planned Parenthood Hurts Women. Think about the rarity of the common student to go through school not ever discussing abortion or coming across a friend, or a friend-of-a-friend, in a crisis pregnancy. Your child could be the lifesaver, but you must plant the seeds.

I will also be grateful to my parents for teaching me about abortion at a young age. Please do not hesitate to do the same for your children.

1 comment:

Mike Moehlenhof said...

While this news is disappointing, be assured that their parents chose life, and that is hope for any living children to live with.